Nothing breaks our hearts more than seeing a piece of jewelry get scratched or tarnished, hence we’ve compiled a short list of tips on how to care for your 18K gold plated jewelry:
- Perfumes: Do not spray perfume while wearing your gold plated jewelry! Only wear your jewelry after you have sprayed on your perfume to prevent the chemicals from interacting with the jewelry’s metal.
- Creams and lotions: Only wear your plated jewelry when your lotion or cream is dry or has been absorbed by your skin.
- Perspiration: Remove all gold plated jewelry before exercising or doing heavy physical work as perspiration will react with the jewelry and cause it to tarnish.
- Other substances: Oils, nail polish remover and chlorine are amongst a few substances that will react with your gold plated jewelry and cause it to tarnish easily. Always remove gold plated jewelry before swimming.
- Gently rub the surface of gold plated jewelry with a soft jewelry cloth to restore shine.
- Avoid antibacterial soaps and jewelry cleaners as these may cause your gold plated jewelry to tarnish more quickly.